Khabib Nurmagomedov Meets with Vladimir Putin, 'Great Victory'

Gist and trends from the entertainment industry!
Blog Nerd

Khabib Nurmagomedov Meets with Vladimir Putin, 'Great Victory'

Post by Blog Nerd » 12 Sep 2019, 18:17

Play video content Image Breaking News Khabib Nurmagomedov sat down with Vladimir Putin on Thursday -- and the President of Russia showered him with praise for another impressive UFC victory. It all went down in Khabib's homeland of Dagestan (which is part of Russia) -- and the leader of Dagestan, Vladimir Vasilyev, was on hand to honor the 30-year-old for his UFC 242 victory over Dustin Poirier. Putin is known for being a massive combat sports fan -- and he's been a huge supporter of Khabib for years. In fact, when Khabib smashed Conor McGregor back in 2018, Putin summoned the Eagle for a little celebratory snack in a dinky room with a dinky food spread in the city of Ulyanovsk. Image But, this time, the gang upgraded to a nicer meeting spot with big leather chairs and a fancy table -- where Putin praised Khabib's father, Abdulmanap, for raising a champion. "I'll start with you: I want to congratulate you on the victory of your son. A well deserved victory and a challenging opponent ... He's a strong fighter." Putin continued with Khabib ... "I congratulate you, a very good match, beautiful, honest. I looked, a good asphyxiation." Putin called Khabib an "excellent athlete" and said the victory over Poirier was "convincing." Let's block ads! (Why?)